I have not been very good at giving updates and letting everyone know how the little bun has been bakin'. Sorry! I thought that by creating this blog I would be able to share everything with everyone... at your convenience!
We are 18 weeks along right now and just getting to the point that I can start to feel movement. At first, I hate to admit, I just thought I had a lot of gas moving around. But my doctor assured me that it was actually my child. Now the feeling is getting stronger, though not very frequent because it will still surprise me at times.
We went to the doctor last week for a regular check-up. Everything is measuring as it should be and the heartbeat sounded strong. My old wives tales inform me that since the heart rate was over 140 (it was 156) that the baby will be a girl, but I am still holding out for the surprise in January. Our ultrasound is the 25th so we will see if Alex is strong enough to handle the surprise as well, but I told him it was his choice as long as I don't find out!
Trying to guess the gender has been a lot of fun for Alex and I. We went to several different websites and got a whole list of old wives tales and have performed every one. So far it is 49% boy and 51% girl (they are really just one point different!). I think we will keep trying them at periodic points to see if the results are the same. If you have any myths that you have heard of I would love to try them! (Within reason... )
As far as our current four legged furry babies are concerned... I don't think they have any clue what they're in for. Especially Snoopy, "Mr. I am King of the House". Occasionally one of the dogs will catch a scent of I don't know what (hormones maybe?) and come walking over to smell my belly. Then I just receive a strange look and they turn back around the other way. It will be interesting to see how they react once I reach gigantic proportions.

6 comments:
Jess you look absolutely beautiful! I'm so excited to see some more pics! I'm thrilled for you and Alex and I know you'll be fantastic parents. Let me know if there is a shower in the works :)Congrats again!
woo hoo for baby goldberg!! jessica you look beautiful! i wish we could hang out and be preggo together. and i'm glad you're letting the baby be a surprise :)
You are such a cute little oven :) Remember to not walk around the house in the dark and to eat your lifesavers. Can't wait to meet MY grandbaby. Love you!
Hello! You drag me on to this crazy site promising new pictures and I see none! What is going on!
I LOVE the Name Charlotte aka Charlie. You better pick this name or else!...i will! :) Jk. I have my baby name picked out, hah. I love you sooo much and I can't wait to see you soon. Also, Steph and I promise to visit you once the baby is born. My mom says, "felicidades" :)))
JESSIE i am sooo excited that we are adding a girl to the family. I cant wait to meet my niece i will be the best aunt in the whole wide world. don't go falling in the dark anymore. i hope you can come to florida ... if the hurricane doesn't rip our house apart.
LOVE YOU , rachie
p.s.
heeey its alyssa rachels friend.
i was wondering if you miss being able to see your feet? ;)
love alyssa :D
Post a Comment