Monday, March 16, 2009

Our First Cold

It was bound to happen, but Addie has gotten her first cold. It is my fault really, dragging her halfway across the country in the middle of flu season when she is still so little. But she is being really good about the whole experience still, which is amazing. She can't breath out of her nose without a struggle. We keep trying to use the saline drops and that disgusting nosesucker (and by "we" of course I mean Alex because she hates to have it done and I just can't stand it). She is constantly coughing too, which sounds incredibly pitiful. I found no reassurance after talking to the doctor, who said they can do nothing unless she has a fever (the one thing that she doesn't have).
If anything, I suppose I have learned the hard way that travelling + babies + wintertime = no good results. Hopefully she will get over this cold before she has to go get her 2 month shots... a whole other round of feeling crappy!

No comments: