Addie totally stuck up for herself today. [Background: There is a boy in her class that has recently moved into the biting phase. Yes, sadly, Addison has already been victim to him gummed assault. When I picked her up that day and saw her chunky little wrist red and swollen with an OBVIOUS mouth mark burned into her skin it was all I could do not to go over and punt this little red-headed twerp across the room. Still when I see him I give him a mean face. Yes, my attitude and response to the situation would have me fitting in well with the two-year-old class, but I don't care! my baby was attacked.]
Anyway, this was weeks ago now, and since the initial attack I have been wondering how my little miss has been responding his advances. Well today I, and every other person in the room, saw her react in FULL FORCE. First she was innocently sitting on the play mat inspecting a plastic phone. The villain in the story (I'll from now on refer to him as Cash the Stupid Red-head or CSR) crawled over and snatched the phone away from her. She sat, miffed for a moment, then reached right back and grabbed it from him. "Yes!" I silently cheered, "Now kick him in the shins".
Then CSR reached for Milo (the pink dog blanket that has been a constant accessory since she was 3-months old... it is rare when she will let Alex or I even touch it). And all h*ll broke loose. Her blood curdling scream caused every adult in the room to snap to attention. The next thing you saw was Addison literally lunging at this little boy spitting and grabbing, ripping her dog out of his hands, all the while still screaming like a banshee. The teacher rushed over and had to pick Addie up to get her to stop hollering, even though she already had her dog back. Cash didn't know what to do and even afterward was too stunned to move. I still think he got off easy.
Hmm... I am thinking we may skip ballerina classes entirely and move to karate? MMA?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment