Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Holiday Season

The past few weeks have been a blur! From end of the year craziness at work, to baby classes and going home for Thanksgiving the time has really started to fly. And we can't be more excited!! :) We are halfway through our 34th week and I still feel great. Tired and extremely large, but great. I was trying to explain to Alex just how it feels now that my belly is huge and weighing me down. I told him it was like strapping our 30+ lb Beagle, Snoopy, to your belly and only using your back muscles to carry him around as he squirms and kicks at you. I think he understood.
Thanksgiving was wonderful, we both had such a wonderful time back in Chicago. And we were extremely blessed because both of us had our entire family around for the whole weekend. Getting to see everyone all together just felt wonderful. We were especially grateful since our midwife has already told us we cannot travel anywhere during Christmas, since it is so close to our due date. (I guess I will just have to eat all the Christmas cookies myself!)
This past weekend was also amazing because Grammy Tami hosted a fantastic baby shower. Over 40 people came to celebrate with us, and it was great to see each and every one of them. The baby shower was at Wildberry (one of my favorite restaurants) and the food was delicious. Above all my favorite part was opening all of the presents! :) Our friends and family were so generous and brought the most amazing things for our little girl. From clothes to toys, activity centers to oodles of baby supplies, I just couldn't be more thankful. And if I did not think it before now I know... this is going to be one spoiled little girl!

No comments: