Unfortunately Alex and I did not get the child tax write-off for 2008; Addison has still not made her entrance into the world. Our excitement is building, however because we are beginning to notice definite changes. The "practice contractions" are becoming much more frequent and a bit more noticeable. I wouldn't say painful, yet, just uncomfortable. She has also definitely moved farther down. If I hadn't noticed from the constant trips to the restroom, then the near constant remarks from other people would be a clue. ("Wow that baby looks like its about to drop right out"... yeah thanks)
At our 38-week visit on Tuesday our midwife said everything was "progressing smoothly". What I had really wanted her to say was, "today's the day, let's do this"! I am 75% effaced and 1 cm dilated... which I accept as better than nothing. After perusing several blogs and baby forums I saw that this progression was common, glad we're not lagging behind! And everyone progresses differently so who knows what will happen next week.
The past two weeks were very relaxing and I probably slept more than anything else. (#1 reason why I have not been updating this blog! Oops!) In total I only had to work for 4 days in the past two weeks (it's awesome how the office worked out our holiday time off!). Alex and I were thankful for the opportunity to get all of our last minute needs in order and to just kick our feet up and unwind. Although being two people who rarely sit still we have also been running around town, walking every day, and renovating both of our bathrooms. Anything we can do to keep from going crazy with anticipation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment