Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grandma's Coming!

Today Addie is 3-weeks old, and grandma is coming to visit! I would say Addison is excited, but let's be honest, she has no idea what is going on. But once they finally meet, I am sure it will be love at first sight. The past three weeks have been exciting, watching even the small changes that seem to take place every day. She is able to hold her head up for longer periods each day and loves holding up her wobbling head and staring at your face. The past week she has started staring intently at both Alex and I, especially at our hairline and mouth (we are told it is because of the contrast in colors).
I never thought I would get excited over someone else's bodily functions, but I have found myself on more than one occasion saying, "Oh look who's gassy!" or "Oh my what a big burp!" each time with a high pitched voice and a smile. Alex and I have even found ourselves having conversations about her diapers. As soon as we become aware of our embarrassing actions, we quickly regroup and try to find some adult topic to discuss. (Which is surprisingly difficult because now we just have diapers on the brain). I will be the first to admit, we've turned to the dark side.
Now we will spend the next five days hanging out with Grammy Tami. Alex and I have already resigned to the fact that we will not be holding our daughter for the next 120 hours.

No comments: