Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One Month Old!

I suppose it sounds cliche to say that I cannot believe Addie is already a month old... but it's true! My little baby is already having a "birthday". Reflecting on these past few weeks it is amazing to see how much she has already begun to grow and change. She will smile now when she first sees our face (which of course makes our hearts melt). Addie can hold her head up and look around, but still prefers to lay her head on your chest when she's tired. And her latest development is finding her thumb all on her own. No more sucking in vain on the back of her hand, she's got the whole thumb sucking virtually perfected.
In just a week and a half our "normal" lives will begin, and I must confess I am looking forward to it a bit. Yes, I will be going back to work. While this whole experience of being home with her has been enlightening and a true bonding experience, in the back of my mind I knew I would be going back to work, so I never really developed a routine with being home. (Plus there is not much you can do with a newborn in the middle of winter. When you drag her out on 20 degree days people kind of frown at you.) And if we are being dreadfully honest, I would have to insist that it is much different being home with a colicky baby vs. a baby that will actually let you lay them down for more than 30 minutes at a time. It gets a bit trying at times. But I love her more than anything in the world. And I wouldn't trade her for anything... except maybe an hour of sleep... then I might be willing to negotiate! :)

No comments: