Yesterday, Addison and I returned to the doctor for her four-month visit. She was blissfully unaware that she had to get shots; a luxury that I know she will only be able to experience a little while longer. As always random people were stopping to say hi to her, including nearly every nurse in the office. She turned on the charm, no surprise there, and smiled and cooed at everyone. Her height and weight check only confirmed the obvious, that she is a healthy baby, still in the 75th percentile. I was slightly annoyed because my suspicions were confirmed that she has in fact out-grown the diapers I just bought.
Even the shots were tolerable, I had to hold her arms down which was terrible but she took it like a rock star and as soon as they let her legs go and I picked her up she was done crying. The rest of the night she was a bit sore, but just slept it off (no complaints from her mother!).
Each day she is making more noise and really getting out actual vowel sounds. Occasionally a consonant will be thrown in too. She still cannot sit up yet, but she's trying. There is always something in her mouth, most often her thumb. If she does not have her thumb then she is attempting to put one of her many toys in her mouth, a feat that is becoming more manageable every day as she can hold on to something for longer periods.
My favorite new experience however is her new found fascination with the dogs. Before she ignored their presence (which I think they enjoyed). Now they will pass by her line of vision and she will smile and swing her arm out in a feeble attempt to grab them. If they are sitting next to me, and she is on my lap, she will hold onto their fur or an ear if she's lucky. The response from the three of them is varied. Shia is the most tolerant and will just stare at her wearily. Dakota will sit for a minute but once she starts banging on him he quickly finds another seat. And poor Snoopy, who has been in protest of her since the beginning, won't even come near her.
I wish I had some exciting story to post about the Farmer's Market, but because of last weekend's weather we did not attend. I am making plans for this weekend though, and should hopefully have some pictures as well!

No comments:
Post a Comment