I read an article the other day stating that after the age of 25 women gain an average of 1 to 3 pounds every year.
Crap.
Since Addie's arrival I have been much more aware of those illusive 5 {okay maybe 10} extra pounds. Mostly because they all seemed to make a mass migration around my middle. They chose the weakest spot on my body {because my mediocre abs gave up around month 5 of my pregnancy} and set up shop. Now it's impossible not to notice their existence. And we are not friends.
When Addie was an infant I would occasionally find the energy for some yoga, pilates, really any activity that I could consider "active" while still lying on the floor. Let's face it, that first year you're exhausted. But after a year I had no more excuses, so I began to run.
Now, this act in itself is astonishing. To give you some insight, when I was in HS my gym teacher once told me the kid in the wheelchair ran faster than me. Even though she was a bitch, I had to agree with her. I hated running.
A year later I have run in eight 5ks, two 5-mile races and a half marathon. I have not even come CLOSE to winning any of them. But I haven't come in last either. And I have yet to fall down dead prior to the finish line... so that's a plus.
To increase my speed and performance my husband offered his {unsolicited} advice and insisted I needed some strength training.
Enter Neno Mora. Yep. Neno {knee-NO} Mora {More-ah}. My first thought, "I won't neno no mora after a workout with him". And this is the entire reason I signed up for the classes... because of my nerdy play on words. Luckily its been a good choice.
I only have three classes left. Then I have to come up with a new game plan. Hmmm... Oh and the pictures scattered throughout - that's just because she's so freakin cute.

No comments:
Post a Comment