Nightmare is probably a bit dramatic, but being this close to Halloween I have to have a little flair. In reality the glucose test was pretty nasty and I am praying that I don't have to go back for the 3-hour test they threaten you with if anything should come back wrong.
I went in on Monday during lunch. My doctor had already told me I could not eat 2-hours before (not even gum!) so I was already starving. The drink was really thick and tasted like flat orange soda. 1) I don't like soda 2) I am not a fan of orange anything. 3) The amount of sugar in the drink added to the fact that I was going on an empty stomach was not really working in my favor. I had to finish the entire drink in 5 minutes and then sit for an hour (still without being able to eat). Thankfully my cookies were not tossed and I managed to keep everything down. The best part was that two of the nurses who were on break had brought their lunches into the lobby and the smelled DELICIOUS! Slightly torturous but I managed.
When I had to go back in to get my blood drawn, the real fun began. Although I have a real aversion to needles, I don't know many people who enjoy being shot, I have actually gotten quite used to it because of all the blood they constantly seem to be taking from my body. Well my veins were on strike Monday and apparently were intent on keeping all of my blood for themselves. This only meant that the lab tech had to stick a needle in both my arms and literally squeeze and push on my upper arms to try and squirt some blood out. I am not a bruiser but under my hard exterior I am sure I have bruised banana arms. The worst part is they will not tell me my results until Nov 21st (my next appt) so I just have to sit and pray that everything turns out at normal glucose level because I am not doing all that nonsense again.
On a lighter note, Alex and I have a Halloween party to go to this weekend. Anyone have any suggestions on a costume for a large pregnant lady and her mate? My ultimate goal is to get him to put on some resemblance of a costume, but I might be fighting an uphill battle. Anyway any suggestions appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hey jess i know its a little late to make costume comments but i think you really could have gone as anything even though you have a tummy. i think you could squeeze any ways i was a bumble bee for halloween and it was fun i also kinda got chased by the cops with 40 of my friends ...... woops :))))
LOve you lots rachel marie forman
that really stinks that they didn't give you the results of your test right away! what's funny is - when i had to take the test i didn't think the drink was too bad. for some reason i LOVE sugar now (and i rarely ate it pre-preggo). after my hour was up, they shoved a needle in my arm, took a sample on this hand held device and the nurse said, "you barely made it, but you made it!" you should call them and make them tell you! i hope you guys had a fun halloween. jeb and i are just waiting, waiting, waiting. hopefully baby c comes sooner than later!!
Post a Comment