Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ten More Weeks!

Thirty down and only ten more to go! We are getting down to the wire and Alex and I are very excited. Last night we were talking about doctors visits and how many weeks we still had to prepare and he says "Wow this pregnancy has just flown by, I really feel like it just started and it's been so easy." I looked down at my swollen ankles, my protruding belly, and swallowed back the fiery feeling of heartburn as I responded, "Oh yeah it's just been a blur!" In reality, I am just ready to have my baby. Yeah, carrying her around and experiencing all of these new moments has been great, but I just want her.

We bought the mattress for her crib this weekend and some window treatments to decorate the room a bit more. But we literally have been sitting on our hands to keep from buying anything else until after the baby shower. This has been extremely difficult since he has basically given me a free pass to buying whatever clothes I want... but I refrain. I'm so strong. :)

Our next appointment isn't until November 21st, and then we start going a lot more often. After watching "Babies:Special Delivery" on the Discovery Channel about 100 times I have decided that I am going to wait as long as possible until I have to go to the hospital. It seems that all the women who go in early lay there and cry and moan for hours. But the women who wait come in, get some drugs, and pop 'em out no problem. Ha! If only it were that easy. Oh and if we make it to January 20th, I am thinking of changing her name to Obamarina. Alex is not on board yet, but we'll work on him. (jk)

No comments: