I thought your 32 week check-up is supposed to be uneventful... just a simple weight and vitals check, measure the bump, listen to the heartbeat and we're done. Not yesterday. First I found out I was anemic... no big deal happens to a lot of people and I just need to start eating more chicken/fish (ew) because all the veggies couldn't keep up.
Then I found out that tomorrow (Thursday) morning I have to go in for the dreaded 3-hour Glucose Tolerance Test because I failed my first test. If I don't pass... my Thanksgiving dinner is going to be lacking. Couldn't they tell me after I stuffed my face with apple pie?! I am not worried though, I am sure it was just some sort of fluke. And even though from 10pm tonight until 10am tomorrow I will not be able to eat or drink anything I will keep in mind that it's for the greater good. (i.e. I'd rather not prick my finger every day and give myself injections).
I will fill you all in when I get my final results back. The lab tech seems to think I will have my results back the same day, so you might just be hearing from me again tomorrow!
To end on a happier note - our baby girl is happy and healthy. Her heartbeat was perfect and we caught her "mid-exercise" which I guess is good because it showed the doctor that through activity and rest her heart is strong. She is measuring at 33 weeks (a week early) and her estimated weight right now is only 3.5 lbs. My midwife's "educated guess" is that she will only double her weight by January (I can handle a 7lb baby) but that she will be long. It will be interesting to see if she is right!

1 comment:
they never guestimate weights correctly - my little one was supposed to be between 7 and 8 lbs - she ended up beling less than 7!! good luck with your big test tomorrow!
Post a Comment