Alex and I bought our baby furniture this weekend. After scouring countless websites, visiting several stores, and even stopping by a few consignment sales we finally decided on one thing. We would feel insane spending $1000 on furniture for a baby. Maybe it would be different if we had that kind of money to spend on furniture we know will be used at most two years, but I doubt it because I have always been a bit of a... well... cheapskate. I can't help it, I like bargain hunting and red tags on my clothing. That's just me. And as far as Alex was concerned, he just wanted something sturdy and safe, and the more money we saved the b
etter. So our search continued...
I had heard that Target sold baby furniture and we decided to check it out. There were a few cribs that we thought, "eh not bad" until we came across one that took us by surprise. The surprise being that A) neither of us like white furniture, with 3 dogs it just seems like we would be asking for trouble B) this crib was white and we loved it. Technically it is white and chocolate brown (as you can see from the pictures) but we just liked how simple it looks and it fits perfectly into the room.
Now all we have left to do is get some shelves up on the walls and a few more odds and ends and I think we have ourselves a pretty respectable little nursery!

2 comments:
aww the babies room looks so cute! who knew my room could make such a transformation! i mean it seems like just yesterday there was a blow up bed in the middle of the floor, that is the room right? becuase it looks just like the room i stayed in and if it isn't well then you must of added on and then i will have a room to stay in when i come and visit! well i just want you to know that you and alex are amazing shoppers and decorators it is such a cute room
LOVE THE COLORS in your Nursey ROOM. :)))) Te Quiero Mucho!!!
Post a Comment