Sunday, December 19, 2010

I. Am. So. Tired.

I have four unpublished posts that have been waiting for their moment of approval. In the past two weeks several things have gained priority:
1) travel
2) Christmas
3) sick baby
These are in no particular order, however all are making me completely whiny and exhausted. Just ask my husband.

Last weekend {maybe two weekends ago, who knows} the family headed to Florida for a friend's wedding. First time Addie saw the ocean. More to come. Needless to say it was beyond adorable and I have the video to prove it. {Look for Travel:Day Uno}. In two weeks we will be heading up to Chicago for a very important business transaction: Alex is finally getting a gun safe. {My thoughts and highly valued opinion will follow after... Travel: Part Deux}

Christmas is coming! Tree is up. Stocking are hung. No lights as Alex is a wimp and won't climb up the roof. Sure it may be a 60 degree incline and mostly covered in icy slush. But it's Christmas dang-it! I shall instead live vicariously through others:

{Imagine: nightly hot cocoa, toasty fire and foot-rub from my husband turned mountain man ... yes please!}

{If I had the desire to spend Addie's college fund on lights}

{Hello gingerbread goodness!}

Now I believe in giving credit where it's due. And although the treacherous exterior of the home was too much for my darling, he did help me decorate:

{much to our shepherd's chagrin}

Last, but never least, the toddler. My snotty, drooling, lung-hacking-up toddler. The perfect thing about a toddler not feeling well is this: there is no remedy. There are few medications they are allowed, they don't know how to blow their own nose and restful sleep is all but a memory. Which leaves many parents grasping at straws. Spoonful after spoonful of honey, Vicks vapor humidifiers, the dreaded snot-sucking bulb. Ugh, my nightmares are filled with the noise that contraption makes.

Oh and I forgot the best part. We are in the process of learning to cover our mouth when we cough. As a mother you must channel your inner teacher, lest you be covered in the phlegm that flies out of your two-year-olds mouth as you're holding her.

Hopefully life will subside long enough to reflect on it. Until then, I am going to re-apply the hand sanitizer and continue wrapping gifts.

No comments: